What to do in Amsterdam?
First thing that comes most is to see the Amsterdam Canals which is famed by “Venice of the North”.
Amsterdam is the capital city of the Netherlands and the canals are one of the major attraction in the city, built during 17th century which is protected by UNESCO World Heritage Site as of 2010.
You may check this website for “8 fun facts about Amsterdam Canal “?
See below key points of 8 fun facts of Amsterdam Canals
- Amsterdam got its name from the Amstel River.
- Amsterdam has 165 canals
- Monet painted the South Church during a visit to The Netherlands.
- The tilted houses are called Dancing Houses.
- Amsterdam has more bridges than Venice.
- Magere Brug is the most famous bridge.
- There are 2500 houseboats in Amsterdam.
- Amsterdam was once surrounded by defensive walls.
The three main canals
To explore the canals you may do by foot, bike and the fun part is to the water cruises. You may check below activities of “Amsterdam Canal tours” ?
QUOTES TO PONDER:
“In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.” – Alfred Stieglitz
❤ Hope you enjoy my photography below ❤